1. GOAL FOCUS – Have AND maintain a vision of what you want to achieve. Decide on what your dream is and pursue it! Write it down and read your goals daily or as often as possible! (stick them on the fridge or your computer or iphone or your mirror)
2. WARM-UP – Always warm-up (with moderate exercise) before you go into intense efforts/exercise
3. STRETCH – It is a good idea to stretch often. After warm-up, between sets and after exercise (give most attention to tight muscles)
4. CHECKS – There are two things you should check before you begin any exercise. 1st = you have the correct weight, 2nd = you have the correct seating adjustments/stance/posture.
5. USE PROPER TECHNIQUE – Maintain technique and control at all times! Proper technique will save injury and yield better results!
6. BREATHE – Breathe out as you lift and in as you lower the weight. Keep your movements in rhythm with your breathing. Be very conscious of your breathing!
7. BE CONSISTENT – “The hallmarks of successful training are long term consistency and progression!” Take baby steps – consistently!
8. MAKE TIME – There are 168 hours in a week – all you need is 3 or 4! There is always enough time for your priorities!
9. EAT RIGHT – Nutrition is a major key to great health and fitness. “We should eat to live not live to eat!” You cannot be healthy on the outside if you are not healthy on the inside!
10. BE DISCIPLINED – “There will often be times when you don’t feel like a workout! Rarely times you regret having had one!” Ryan Fraser. And not every workout has to be a personal best! It’s ok to just do an easy one sometimes and when you feel good – go hard!
11. ASK FOR HELP – Don’t be embarrassed to ask for help. We want to help and it is important for you to find people that you feel can help you towards your dream.
12. KEEP A RECORD – Track your success! You will progress better if you know what your progress is. Write it down.
13. TRAIN PROGRESSIVELY – Through gradual and constant progress in your training – Your body must change to meet the new demands on it!
14. VARY YOUR WORKOUTS – Your body will adapt to a routine. See your trainer regularly (every 4 – 8 weeks) for new exercises and routines to ensure progression!
15. HAVE FUN!!! – Enjoy your workouts by challenging yourself and being creative! Mix it up! Try something new! Realise the awesome benefits that increased health and fitness has in all areas of your life!
“Healthy Body, Healthy Mind!”
Next step in the 12 week process = Healthy Nutrition Focus