10 keys to diet success
Hi i thought this might help! 10 keys to diet success With so much diet information around it’s hard to…
May 4, 2023
Hi i thought this might help!
10 keys to diet success
With so much diet information around it’s hard to know what
to listen to and what to block out. Here are some tried and
true strategies for keeping you focused on what really works
for weight management.
1. Make small changes – making regular small changes to your habits is much more sustainable and turning your world upside down
2. Eat and drink less calories – Cutting back on the total
calories you consume is clearly a winning strategy for
weight loss. Target high-calorie fatty and sugary foods
first and cut back on alcohol. These dietary changes
create the energy shortfall that helps you burn and
reduce body fat.
3. Burn more calories – The more you move your body every day, the
more energy you’ll use up, which helps to create an even greater energy
shortfall. More daily movements, walking and some strength training
provide the best combination of activity.
4. Manage your appetite – Limit your portion sizes and avoid the habit of
overeating. Choose foods that are filling and not fattening, like lean
protein, salads and wholegrain cereals.
Cutting Diet Confusion – No. 4 By Matt O’Neill & SmartShape.com.au 2006
5. Know your eating triggers – Identifying the people, places or thoughts
that trigger you to overeat or choose high calorie foods will allow you to
plan alternatives and deal with situations that tend to trip you up.
6. Monitor your progress – Track changes to your diet and exercise
routine to raise your awareness and keep you on the path to success.
7. Build your support network – Enlist family, friends or workmates to
encourage and support you
8. Get professional advice – Use a weight loss advisor to share good
information, tips and strategies to keep you focused and motivated
9. Personalise your program – As you progress, keep the diet strategies
that work for you and ditch the ones that don’t.
10. Choose to lose the confusion – Make it your policy to critically filter the
useless and distracting diet information you hear.
11. Be flexible – Allow yourself to have slip-ups and try not to let them
become major set-backs. Lasting results come from a healthy attitude.
Hi – here’s some great food info! http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/slideshow-missing-nutrients?ecd=wnl_din_102912&ctr=wnl-din-102912_ld-stry&mb= “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” ~Hippocrates
May 1, 2023
* indicates required fields