High Blood Pressure – Prevention and Cure
Hi I thought you might find this useful! What causes high blood pressure? The good news is that in most…
November 27, 2018
Hi I thought you might find this useful!
What causes high blood pressure?
The good news is that in most people, high blood pressure is caused by lifestyle factors. That means in allot of cases we can both prevent and cure this problem with lifestyle changes and that’s exactly what we help people with!
High blood pressure often runs in families but occasionally kidney or other may be responsible. Other contributory factors include: being overweight; smoking; not getting enough physical activity; having a high alcohol intake; and eating a diet high in salt.
What can be done for high blood pressure?
• Identify and remove stress from your life.
• Make a plan and take baby steps
• Achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight often means a higher blood pressure.
• Eat a balanced diet, with lots of fruit, vegetables and grains. Eat moderate amounts of fish, skinless chicken and lean meat cuts and reduced fat dairy foods. Avoid fatty, fried food, especially foods containing saturated fat.
• Eat less salt: use herbs, spices, fruit and vinegar for flavouring and dressings; choose low salt pre-prepared foods; avoid pickled and takeaway foods which have a high salt content.
• Get regular physical activity. Strive to put a little bit more activity in your day at every opportunity. Aim to accumulate 30 minutes of moderate physical activity most days of the week. Walking, cycling and swimming are ideal. Find activities you enjoy so you can keep them up.
• Have no more than 2 standard alcoholic drinks a day; it’s probably best to stick to one if you’re a woman.
• Avoid liquorice: it contains a chemical that can raise blood pressure.
• Stop smoking: quitting could reduce your risk of heart attacks or strokes.
Drugs are unfortunately sometimes necessary but usually don’t cure anything! Some of the above changes and our help can beat high blood pressure forever!
Choose one or two items form the above list and get started today!
Let us know if we can do anything else to help!
“Health is a necessity for the duties and the pleasures”
Hi i thought this might help! 10 keys to diet success With so much diet information around it’s hard to…
May 4, 2023
* indicates required fields